• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident with teenager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CCMominVA

Look at the declarations of your auto insurance policy. What are the uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage limits, each person/each occurrence? Tell us those numbers, please.
OK, I have it in front of me...it's $25K per person/$50K per accident.

Thanks!

moburkes

OK, I have it in front of me...it's $25K per person/$50K per accident.

Thanks!
That's not looking too good for you, since you only have the state minimum coverage. Now, back to one of the original questions. How much coverage does the at fault party have?

CCMominVA

That's not looking too good for you, since you only have the state minimum coverage. Now, back to one of the original questions. How much coverage does the at fault party have?
I'm not sure...would I just call their insurance adjuster to find out? Is this information they will freely give?

CCMominVA

I'm not sure. I've never filed a claim before (other than med pay).
Thanks! :) I put in a call to my brother, who works for Unitrin (another auto insurance company) and he actually said the best thing to do is to consult with a personal injury attorney. I didn't want to go that route, but looks like I'd be in way over my head alone.

I was quite surprised, he is very much against lawyers. LMBO!

ecmst12

Will make your life SO much easier to have someone who knows what they are doing handling your case!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">