• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luvbskts

What is the name of your state?Indiana

My husband was hit by an uninsured drunk driver. According to the registration, the car was owned by her husband. We only carried pl/pd, the car was several years old and paid for, so my insurance company isn't responsible.
The driver that hit my husband had to appear in court. We were awarded $3000.00 for the car. (this was not small claims nor had we sued. It was her sentencing court apperance) She never paid a dime and has never shown up for her drug testing. Can we take her husband to small claims since he was on the registration as the owner of the car?

Happy Trails

luvbskts said:
What is the name of your state?Indiana

My husband was hit by an uninsured drunk driver. According to the registration, the car was owned by her husband. We only carried pl/pd, the car was several years old and paid for, so my insurance company isn't responsible.
The driver that hit my husband had to appear in court. We were awarded $3000.00 for the car. (this was not small claims nor had we sued. It was her sentencing court apperance) She never paid a dime and has never shown up for her drug testing. Can we take her husband to small claims since he was on the registration as the owner of the car?
You have already been awarded a judgement. You need to familiarize your self with these terms, garnishment, liens, and writ of execution.

luvbskts

The judgement was against her. Since we aren't going to collect from her, rumor has it she's skipped the state, can we go after the husband?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">