• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acmb05 Why did you lock your thread?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmet4nzkx

https://forum.freeadvice.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1323457
acmb05 said:
Wow are you confused.
No, I am not confused.

The judge was going to do the contempt motion at the same time as the original hearing for the move away.
Judges don't "DO/make motions" they hear motions. It would have been your cousin's attorney who would have made the motion for contempt if there were grounds and then the judge would have set a date for the contempt to be heard. If the Judge had ruled on it at that time, that would have been lack of due proces.

I am not filling in anything I have been talking to my cousin. [/qoute] As I said, this is 3rd hand and lacks facts.
I am telling you exactly what happened.
According to your cousin who in not an objective party.

My Aunt has a right to testify but the way she was putting it was she would have a say so in what happens.
That would all depend on the content of her testimoney.

I have no idea where you got the idea she would be testifying against her son but she would ot be she was going to testify FOR her son.
Then why do you object to her testimony? If she was there to testify on behalf of her son, don't you think his attorney would have asked the court to wait for her to arrive or provided a declaration of some sort?

I am not goin to go into the illness as the judge knows all about it. He bowls on the same league as the mothers parents and has first hand knowledge of the illness.
And your cousin's attorney didn't ask to have the judge removed for prejudice? Actually that is not first hand knowledge of the disease. BTW people do die of skin cancer just in case you believe it is not serious and people react in different ways to treatment, sometimes well after treatment is finished.

Now there has been a kink in the order already as the mother showed up for court 1 1/2 hours late and spoke to the judge in chambers without any lawyers present and judge has now stayed his ruling until another court date can be set.
As you may well know, persons with disabilities may request ADA accommodations, these requests are ex parte and confidential and the other party or their counsel is not privy to them, that is why there were no attorney's present, just in case you think the judge can't stay the order.

acmb05

rmet4nzkx said:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1323457
No, I am not confused.

Judges don't "DO/make motions" they hear motions. It would have been your cousin's attorney who would have made the motion for contempt if there were grounds and then the judge would have set a date for the contempt to be heard. If the Judge had ruled on it at that time, that would have been lack of due proces.

I am not filling in anything I have been talking to my cousin. [/qoute] As I said, this is 3rd hand and lacks facts.
According to your cousin who in not an objective party.

That would all depend on the content of her testimoney.

Then why do you object to her testimony? If she was there to testify on behalf of her son, don't you think his attorney would have asked the court to wait for her to arrive or provided a declaration of some sort?

And your cousin's attorney didn't ask to have the judge removed for prejudice? Actually that is not first hand knowledge of the disease. BTW people do die of skin cancer just in case you believe it is not serious and people react in different ways to treatment, sometimes well after treatment is finished.

As you may well know, persons with disabilities may request ADA accommodations, these requests are ex parte and confidential and the other party or their counsel is not privy to them, that is why there were no attorney's present, just in case you think the judge can't stay the order.

Your question was answered already I see no reason to argue with you over it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">