• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Acn i get and transfer my H1?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? - Ohio

I have a question about my H1 which was applied in 2014 cap.
My employer applied for my H1 in 2014 and it got denied at first. After that my employer appealed against the denial and it got approved in November.
By that time my status got changed from L2 to H4 so i had to stopped working from Oct 1.
Now my employer is not getting any project so that he can recruit me so they are telling that they will revoke my H1.
I have a following questions:
1. Can i get the original copy of my 797 from USCIS as my employer is not sharing with me.(Although i have a soft copy)
2. Can i transfer that newly approved H1 to other employer who can give me the projects? (As its not initiated).


Another employer can file cap exempt for you. You may not work until approval has been received.

If you are not working on H1B, the employer should have it revoked. He is not doing anything wrong as you appear to believe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential