• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ADA Accommodation PTSD Overlooked?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


I'm a Northern Girl
Thanks. I lost it in the general tangle.

That being the case:

Yes. You are wrong. Your original letter is NOT sufficient. The employer is entitled to medical verification from a treating physician of your requirements, and is not required to give you the accommodation you desire or even the one the doctor recommends; only one that works.


As for whether your original letter "should have been enough" what accommodation are you asking for?
My original post lists what I asked for in italics

There will be someone who is responsible for HR functions, even if there is not a department per se.
The boss is the official HR. There is one other person, but she takes care of the lesser HR stuff like new hires and such.


I'm a Northern Girl
Then I suggest that you be talking to your doctor about what possible accommodations would be workable.


Senior Member
arkera, I think I know who you might be referring to in your private message. The poster is a frequent visitor. I will leave it up to you on what you want to do with your thread.

That person received the same advice you have received here so perhaps there will be positive changes in your workplace.

If your employer does not make satisfactory changes, you can review your situation with an attorney in your area and/or file a complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential