• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ADHD - Case of discrimination with multiple facets / Struggling to find an attorney to take the case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I have filed with the KHRC and they filed with the EEOC regarding a request for accommodations that was met with inappropriate methods and procedures when requesting additional information, discrimination, and retaliation. I am struggling to find an attorney willing to take my case as part of my issue involved some tardiness.

Please advise.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What is the name of your state? Kansas

I have filed with the KHRC and they filed with the EEOC regarding a request for accommodations that was met with inappropriate methods and procedures when requesting additional information, discrimination, and retaliation. I am struggling to find an attorney willing to take my case as part of my issue involved some tardiness.

Please advise.
You might try contacting the Kansas Bar Association for help with names of lawyers in your area who handle employment discrimination cases.

quincy

I've already thought about that and I've already called Lawyer after Lawyer and have been turned down over and over.
First I want to thank you for starting your own thread. The poster from the 2003 thread from whom you wanted a response is no longer a member of this forum.

Have you made appointments to meet with any of the attorneys you've contacted? Many attorneys will not respond to phone call questions but will want a personal review of the facts.

In addition to trying the Kansas Bar, you can try to find an attorney through AttorneyPages at https://attorneypages.com

xylene

Yes, I have ADHD, Major Depressive Disorder, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and possibly Narcolepsy and/or Excessive Daytime Sleepiness.
The first things you mentions are highly treatable conditions. You will need firm diagnosis of the Narcolepsy and EDS.

Are you using CPAP?

Are you on medication?

When was your last sleep study.

What accomodations are you seeking.

Narcolepsy is a sound reason for permanent disability - you may wish to consider that as an option.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You haven't provided anything like enough information to say if your employer was right, wrong or indifferent. But you cannot find representation by posting on a message board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">