• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Administrator removal/replacement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because LindaDR says she has good reasons for seeking removal - and because LindaDR is reluctant to share these reasons - we can only assume her reasons are ones that will allow for removal and replacement.
I disagree to the extent that I feel it wouldn't be proper to advise on that course of action if we're not comfortable about the possibility of the challenge succeeding.

It is even possible that the mother will be relieved to be replaced. The role of administrator is not always an easy one.
I agree.

justalayman

From a previous thread:

Apr 5, 2018#43
Sure, nothing wrong has been done besides them lying about my whereabouts.
I have a Lawyer now. Because the case isn't closed and there haven't been any reports made, he is "entering an appearance on my behalf and filing a petition demanding that my mother produce an accounting pursuant to her fiduciary duties as administrator of my father’s estate".
Does that sound ok?

quincy

From a previous thread:

Apr 5, 2018#43
Sure, nothing wrong has been done besides them lying about my whereabouts.
I have a Lawyer now. Because the case isn't closed and there haven't been any reports made, he is "entering an appearance on my behalf and filing a petition demanding that my mother produce an accounting pursuant to her fiduciary duties as administrator of my father’s estate".
Does that sound ok?
I guess if an attorney reviewed the handling of the estate and questioned it, and the accounting left a lot to be desired, there could be good reason for removal.

If LindaDR has an attorney, though, I wonder why she is here.

Zigner: The link I provided gives information that should educate her on what will fly and what won't,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">