• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopted Daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

Absolutely let the nursing home know! I'm sure this woman has introduced herself to the staff as "her daughter" without mentioning the little fact that she's a biological daughter, but not a legal daughter. Someone in the rest of the family needs to have a serious discussion with the social worker, administrator of the place this woman is staying. The nursing home can certainly offer advice to the family about how to get POA, be appointed guardian, etc. as they very much need someone to be in charge. I suspect the "daughter" has just bullied her way into it, and even if she's "rather harsh" it is still the responsibility of the nieces to take charge. It sounds as though the quasi daughter thinks there is something to be gained by the taking on of her role.

Payne333

Somebody in the family needs to file to become the woman's guardian. Someone should also probably tell the niece that the bio daughter is not legally the daughter of the woman and cannot legally make any decisions. The niece could end up in a lot of legal trouble if she is facilitating the bio daughter making decisions. It also wouldn't hurt to let the nursing home know as well.
Thank you. I forwarded your reply to the interested party.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">