• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AdSep for misconduct trumps medical???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sec Nav review reference???

I received board findings for involuntary AdSep for alleged "pattern of misconduct." Separation Authority endorsed board recommendation.

I have 17.10 years of continuous adctive duty service.

I have a service characterizartion of General (Under honorable conditions)

I was denied right to cvilian counsel and noted that in a letter of defeciences filed by the military counsel who represnted me.

QUESTION:

Is there a requirment for Secretary Review prior to discharge taking place?

I looked and looked, but could not find. But it seems that I saw a reference to this requirement for any AD with 6+ years of service.

Does anybody know?

Thanks.

202heatherb

Air Force Regs

I Know in the airfore (my case) the Sec must review them both and determine the outcome. Also i believe the 6+ year thing makes you board entitled, again not sure if it's the same in your branch,You can opt for the board to make your ad/sep decision(retain you or recomend discharge).You can check out the Air Force Instruction regarding this Google AFI 36-3208 paragraph 5. Post discharge review application DoD Directive 1332.28 and AFR 20-10 (DD Form 293)

hope this info can help a little.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">