• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Have you explored the cost to get her off of your homes title ? I suggest you find out then have ready for her the needed paperwork to release herself from your deed and ( also while your doing that look on craigs list or something like it for free but used cabinets and live with installing some nice used ones ) in exchange for her getting those cabinets she is all hot to have she must sign her interest in that house over to her son and you. It will help make peace and later on when your households money supply increases or one of you takes a second job just to not only build up a cushion for emergencies but to again replace the cabinets with ones you want when money is different and do not forget to get her off your deed so that way when the time comes should she need state aid to help pay for nursing home care your home cant be touched.
Thank you so much for the advice we are scheduling a appointment with a attorney to start the process


Senior Member
Yes she is showing early signs and I’m not a dr but she shows signs of bipolar disorder with frequent outbursts and childlike tantrums, but she refuses any medical or mental health help.
Actually, what you are describing sounds more like dementia or early onset Alzheimer's than bipolar. What happens is that the outbursts and childlike tantrums are a sign of frustration due to memory issues. Or at least, that is the way that it was with my dad. If that is the case, then moving back into her old home is probably not in her best interest, because she likely should not be living alone.

However, I can also tell you that if you cater to her a bit more, with kindness and a bit of respect, even when she is being unreasonable it will ease the transition for her.


Senior Member
A big wake up will be some day when you go to visit and she looks at you and ask `who are you ? which makes it all the more important talk to your attorney and to get her off your title, the change is subtle but its happening and you want this to be done as clean as possible to have less headache should she end up in a nursing home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free and Confidential