• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affidavit of Support and College Stipend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Just a quick question, I'm about to file for AOS. I work right now (until my EAD is up in July) and start a doctoral program in Sept. If I file for AOS in two weeks, am I still allowed to work under the EAD I have until it runs out or am I supposed to apply for one with the AOS application and can no longer use the one I have?

Also, with the program I'm in I get a stipend. The program runs for 5 years. Can I put this stipend on the Affidavit of Support / i864?

ImmigAttyLana

On what basis are you filing for AOS? On the basis of marriage? If so, you can continue to work on the current OPT EAD but you should also apply for an EAD as part of the AOS. As for your stipend income, you can include that if you need additional income on the I-864 and your spouse's income is not sufficient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">