• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After DS-160

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Going to Florida

I filed a DS-160 for a B1/B2 visa. I am a German citizen and have a house in FL.

What is the next step? Do I need to pay anything? Do I need to set up an appointment at my embassy?

FlyingRon

Assuming you filed the DS-160 online and uploaded your photo and paid the fees, the next step is indeed to schedule an appointment with the embassy/consulate in your country. I hope you're not in any hurry, as the interview scheduling for B visas is running like 51 days in Frankfurt and 170 days in Berlin, and 186 in Muchen.

Is there some reason you're not using the VWP?

Somebody reported my post. I don't know why. I am not a spammer.

I am trying to find out on what website to continue after my DS-160. I got a confirmation, but no further instructions.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Somebody reported my post. I don't know why. I am not a spammer.

I am trying to find out on what website to continue after my DS-160. I got a confirmation, but no further instructions.
This forum does not allow posting of commercial websites. If you did so, then that is why your post was reported.
(I didn't report your post)

PayrollHRGuy

From the first page of the e-application:

Note: Electronically submitting your DS-160 online application is the FIRST STEP in the visa application process. The next step is to review the internet page of the embassy or consulate where you plan to apply for your visa. Most visa applicants will need to schedule a visa interview, though some applicants may qualify for visa renewal. The embassy or consulate information may include specific local instructions about scheduling interviews, submitting your visa application, and other frequently asked questions.

FlyingRon

Not all the consulates in Germany handle visas I believe. Only Berlin, Frankfurt, and Munich I think.

All of these links bring me back to ustraveldocs(dot)com. It says "Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service". Yesterday my question about this page was reported as a commercial website. How can it be commercial if it says "Official U.S. Department of State"? Is it fraud?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
All of these links bring me back to ustraveldocs(dot)com. It says "Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service". Yesterday my question about this page was reported as a commercial website. How can it be commercial if it says "Official U.S. Department of State"? Is it fraud?
Here is the page from the consular office in Frankfurt: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/FRN-Frankfurt.html

In that page it mentions the following, which makes it seem that appointment scheduling information will be provided to you once you have met the other requirements:

SCHEDULING APPOINTMENT FOR VISA INTERVIEW: For applicants whose petition was filed with USCIS Frankfurt and fiancé(e) visa applicants: once all your documentation has been received and reviewed you will be notified by this office to go ahead and schedule your own appointment online. ALL OTHER APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE THEIR APPOINTMENT LETTER DIRECTLY FROM NVC or KCC!

PayrollHRGuy

No, it isn't a fraud. ustraveldocs.com is where the embassy site sends you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">