• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aircraft traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
That's hyperbole. The op needs a lawyer, not speeder myth claptrap.
What are you talking about? DoL makes no mention of points, but rather number of violations in a certain period of time. What claptrap? That comes from the state motor vehicle agency.

So I received my discovery or at least the officers statements from my speeding ticket. I need some advice with weather to hire an attorney or do it my self or just pay a fine. My ticket say "51" over the 70 mph limit " and in the notes I received from the court house one officer states I was doing x mph in a posted 55mph. And the other officer said I was doing x mph in a posted 70 mph. And the speed limit is 70mph. Could I beat the ticket based on that?

OFFICER REPORT ON OR ABOUT: 3/4/2019 10:06:00 AM 9Z0335777 VIOLATION DATE
I, Trooper [name removed], being first duly sworn upon oath, deposes and says:
That I am an officer with the Washington State Patrol and have been for the past 15 years. That on the date and time of the
issuance of this ticket, while in my official capacity and within the boundaries of [county name removed] County I contacted defendant, previously
identified, at the attached location and time.
The following is a description of the incident that caused me to contact the defendant and issue a notice of infraction:
SEATBELT / CHILD RESTRAINT
Upon and/or prior to contacting the defendant I noticed that:
[ ] The defendant was not wearing a seatbelt, with straps visible behind the shoulder.
[ ] I clearly observed the buckle over the shoulder of the defendant.
[ ] I observed the defendant put on their seatbelt prior to / after being stopped
[ ] A child less than eight years of age was not properly restrained xx year old boy / girl
[ ] A person less than 16 years old was observed clearly not wearing a seatbelt xx year old boy / girl
RADAR SPEED
Defendant’s speed was checked at X MPH in a posted 55 MPH zone using MPH Bee3 Directional Radar System unit #R2759 in lane X of
X. (Tuning Fork #’s 397333 / 397216) When the vehicle entered the radar beam, my speed measuring device emitted a high-pitched
noise, which is consistent with a high-speed vehicle. There was a direct line of sight from the SMD to the defendant’s vehicle with no
obstructions
[ ] FRONT [ ] REAR [ ] STATIONARY MODE [ ] MOVING MODE
The CALIBRATION of the above Speed Measuring Device was checked according to manufacture's instructions by the use of the internal
tests and externally by the use of the tuning forks, prior to and after the issuing of this infraction. The unit was found to be in proper
working order. The S.M.D. s are certified annually by WSP Technicians.
I have received training on S.M.D. operation from a qualified instructor of the Washington State Patrol Academy and I was operating the
S.M.D. pursuant to this training when the above speed reading was obtained.

Just Blue

So I received my discovery or at least the officers statements from my speeding ticket. I need some advice with weather to hire an attorney or do it my self or just pay a fine. My ticket say "51" over the 70 mph limit " and in the notes I received from the court house one officer states I was doing x mph in a posted 55mph. And the other officer said I was doing x mph in a posted 70 mph. And the speed limit is 70mph. Could I beat the ticket based on that?
No.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you were exceeding 70, you were certainly exceeding 55. So no, that's not going to be enough to beat the ticket.

Count me among those who think you ought to lose your license for driving that fast.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">