• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I Legally Obligated to pay in this Circumstance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TentMan

I worked with a personal trainer briefly. I quit because I was dissatisfied with the service. However, it turns out he was supposed to charge me beforehand for the training. His boss is now asking me to pay for the sessions I attended. Am I legally obligated to do that?

This happened in Wisconsin.

Possibly making this situation more complicated, is the fact that the different exercise "packages" set each session at a different price. I never actually signed up for any of these packages.

Last edited:

Just Blue

I worked with a personal trainer briefly. I quit because I was dissatisfied with the service. However, it turns out he was supposed to charge me beforehand for the training. His boss is now asking me to pay for the sessions I attended. Am I legally obligated to do that?

Possibly making this situation more complicated, is the fact that the different exercise "packages" set each session at a different price.
What state?

quincy

What package did you sign up for?

It makes sense that you would be responsible for paying for the sessions you attended.

quincy

I didn't sign up for any. My trainer was supposed to ask me about that when I paid.
Well ... you know you owe for the sessions you attended so I suggest you come up with a reasonable amount for the exercise sessions, based on what is normally charged, and pay the trainer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">