• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I required to do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecmst12

I think the myth is intentially perpetrated by employers to encourage employees to show their "true colors" during the dismissal process.
I don't think so, I think it came about because it is COMMON PRACTICE for employers not to be allowed to give much information when called for references. It's company policy for lots of companies only to verify dates of employment and nothing else, because the companies do not want to have to defend against a lawsuit EVEN IF THEY WILL WIN. It's expensive and time consuming, so they just want to avoid the whole thing altogether.

las365

Have you asked HR why they want you to make the change to the application? And to echo the question above, why is it so important to you that the current employer not contact the previous employer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">