• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon/Third Party Sold me a defective item that destroyed my cars engine. How do I seek damages!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The company has two buying options through amazon or through them in KY. My task is to find out who and where this is located. I may simply put Amazon and them into small claims and see what happens, the trucks only worth $3k!
Please do not mention the name of the company. Thanks.

Amazon would not be a proper defendant in your lawsuit. The person/entity you purchased the products from is your defendant.

If the seller is in China, you are probably best off accepting the refund and moving on.

Broman

Please do not mention the name of the company. Thanks.

Amazon would not be a proper defendant in your lawsuit. The person/entity you purchased the products from is your defendant.

If the seller is in China, you are probably best off accepting the refund and moving on.
Actually I've read that due to the strict standards amazon makes their sellers adhere to that sometimes they can be held liable, they are not completely a marketplace.

I am being stone walled right now, Amazon is leaving me no choice but to sue because they won't even give me the information to contact the seller.

quincy

Actually I've read that due to the strict standards amazon makes their sellers adhere to that sometimes they can be held liable, they are not completely a marketplace.

I am being stone walled right now, Amazon is leaving me no choice but to sue because they won't even give me the information to contact the seller.
Amazon will no longer refund the money?

You generally need a subpoena for account information.

Broman

Amazon will no longer refund the money?

You generally need a subpoena for account information.
Found this little number

Amazon Sellers Must Provide Proof of General Liability Insurance

Sellers with professional selling plans on Amazon.com must provide proof of Commercial General Liability insurance. This insurance, obtained at the seller’s expense, shall cover up to $1,000,000 per occurrence and in the aggregate and must include products liability, bodily injury, or personal injury, property damage, and other requirements as stated in the Participation Agreement. The insurance must indicate that “Amazon.com, Inc., and its affiliates and assignees” are added as additional insureds.

The Certificate of Insurance must; be the original document, contain an additional insured endorsement, list all seller’s subsidiaries or DBAs covered by the certificate provided, provide at least 30 days’ notice of cancellation, modification, or nonrenewal, show complete insurance carrier names as listed in the A.M. Best Property & Casualty Guide, be completed in its entirety and signed.

You may also satisfy the insurance limits by using any combination of Commercial General Liability and Umbrella and/or Excess Liability insurance.

Source: Amazon

They still wont give me the information but at least I can subpoena that and get their insurance to pay up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">