• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon Truck On DriveWay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Josh078

What is the name of your state? Ohio , Long story short I had a delivery the Amazon Driver decided to pull in my driveway instead of parking in the street. I had a pallet at the end of my concert driveway for pick-up the driver ran over it crushing it pulling in . It looks like from the weight of the van it titled/cracked one of my pads down making the the end come up about a 1/4 of inch. I contacted he Amazon insurance company and they said to sent picture which I did and I have video as well of the whole thing as it happened. It's seems like they are dragging their feet and stalling on the whole thing which I have read seems like what insurance company do . My question is this how long do I have to sue them in civil court for damages and is there any other steps I should be taking ?

Thank You

PS: I'm not worried about the pallet it died a good death with out the damage I would have never know what had happened and never checked my cameras

adjusterjack

how long do I have to sue them in civil court for damages
The statute of limitations in Ohio for a lawsuit regarding damage to real property is 4 years.

is there any other steps I should be taking ?
Depends.

What was the date that this happened?
Who did you talk to at Amazon? What department? What position?
Did you send a copy of the video?
Any written correspondence in either direction?
Have you gotten and submitted an estimate for the concrete repair?
How much?
What have you been told will be happening with your claim?
Details count.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Is it possible for homeowner's insurance to get involved in the repair and then they go after Amazon?

adjusterjack

Is it possible for homeowner's insurance to get involved in the repair and then they go after Amazon?
Yes, if the repair cost exceeds the deductible. If the insurance doesn't pay anything toward the repair, there would be no subrogation.

Insurance would likely cover a section bounded by a set of expansion joints, not the whole driveway.

Zigner

What is the name of your state? Ohio , Long story short I had a delivery the Amazon Driver decided to pull in my driveway instead of parking in the street. I had a pallet at the end of my concert driveway for pick-up the driver ran over it crushing it pulling in . It looks like from the weight of the van it titled/cracked one of my pads down making the the end come up about a 1/4 of inch. I contacted he Amazon insurance company and they said to sent picture which I did and I have video as well of the whole thing as it happened. It's seems like they are dragging their feet and stalling on the whole thing which I have read seems like what insurance company do . My question is this how long do I have to sue them in civil court for damages and is there any other steps I should be taking ?

Thank You

PS: I'm not worried about the pallet it died a good death with out the damage I would have never know what had happened and never checked my cameras
Have you gotten an estimate for the repair?

zddoodah

I had a pallet at the end of my concert driveway for pick-up the driver ran over it crushing it pulling in . It looks like from the weight of the van it titled/cracked one of my pads down making the the end come up about a 1/4 of inch.
What is a "concert driveway," and what does "it titled/cracked one of my pads down" mean? What exactly was damaged, and what is the cost of repair/replacement?

how long do I have to sue them in civil court for damages and is there any other steps I should be taking ?
You have two years from the date of the incident to sue the driver and his/her employer. Nor sure where "adjusterjack" is seeing that it's four years.

is [sic] there any other steps I should be taking ?
Other than waiting for the at-fault party's insurer to determine the claim? No.

Zigner

What is a "concert driveway," and what does "it titled/cracked one of my pads down" mean? What exactly was damaged, and what is the cost of repair/replacement?
A portion of the OP's concrete driveway was damaged (tilted/cracked).

zddoodah

The statute you cited was for damage to personal property. Damage to real estate is 4 years, assuming we are still talking about the driveway.
Hence the reason I asked the OP to clarify exactly what happened. It's not clear from the original post exactly what was damaged. If, in fact, it was the driveway, then I agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">