• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon withholding funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kegler123

My state is CT. I was a seller on Amazon. I got suspended late last year for possible selling of inauthentic items. I have filed for reinstatement and have been denied every time. Amazon is holding more than two thousand dollars of mine. I filed to get them to pay me and they denied me. I got suspended for three items that I listed but never sold. They asked for an invoice to prove that I bought them. I submitted an invoice that covered the purchase of the three items. They still denied my request to release my funds stating only that they have their own investigative methods. I would still like to sell on Amazon and get my funds released. It said on the site that they may hold the funds in case there are chargebacks for the items.

quincy

My state is CT. I was a seller on Amazon. I got suspended late last year for possible selling of inauthentic items. I have filed for reinstatement and have been denied every time. Amazon is holding more than two thousand dollars of mine. I filed to get them to pay me and they denied me. I got suspended for three items that I listed but never sold. They asked for an invoice to prove that I bought them. I submitted an invoice that covered the purchase of the three items. They still denied my request to release my funds stating only that they have their own investigative methods. I would still like to sell on Amazon and get my funds released. It said on the site that they may hold the funds in case there are chargebacks for the items.
Dollars that are held in accounts are often eventually turned over to the rights-holders whose items were counterfeited or infringed.

Have you received notice of infringement from a trademark holder, with a demand for compensation?

kegler123

You have a right to request funds held in your account. You do not (necessarily) have a right to a release of the funds during an investigation.
I don't know what investigation they could be conducting. This happened almost a year ago and concerns 3 Beanie Babies I had listed out of more then 1,500. They stated that they may be inauthentic and requested purchase invoices to prove that they are authentic. I never sold any of the three in question. They claimed they hold funds in case of chargebacks. There can't be a chargeback because none were sold. I sent them an invoice to prove authenticity but was denied. Amazon claimed they have their own investigative procedures without saying what they are.

quincy

I don't know what investigation they could be conducting. This happened almost a year ago and concerns 3 Beanie Babies I had listed out of more then 1,500. They stated that they may be inauthentic and requested purchase invoices to prove that they are authentic. I never sold any of the three in question. They claimed they hold funds in case of chargebacks. There can't be a chargeback because none were sold. I sent them an invoice to prove authenticity but was denied. Amazon claimed they have their own investigative procedures without saying what they are.
Amazon, or the trademark holder, might be looking at your past sales.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">