• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

apartment lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nash

I currently live in an apartment complex and would like to end my lease.
My reasons are because my car has been vandalized 3 times as a result of the parking lot lights being out, and a member of the office has stolen a package that was delivered. I do not feel that this is an appropriate environment to live in. I have to have packages sent to my friends houses because I am afraid they will be stolen.
The apartment manager says that these things are petty and are not grounds for moving. Since this, the office staff is completely rude because I am trapped in their lease. Is there anything that can be done legally, so that I may end my lease?

M

mikeael

i was in a situation like that one time,it depends on your contract it is best to pay a lawer a few dollars and ask him to look the contract over,then if he fills you can move ,move and dont worrie about it,most of the time they wont persue it if they know you have spoke with a lawer just besure to let them know that you did so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">