• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4inthefire

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I have been fighting an out of state judgement and the judgement has just been awarded in Indiana against me. I am being asked if I want to file an appeal with a higher court? Am I throwing more money down the drain going after an appeal? What are the chances of a higher court overuling a lower court decision? The suit is over whether or not the Plaintiff was aware of a Forum Selection Clause in New Jersey (i.e., does Indiana rule enforce a New Jersey judgement where the consumer signed the lease there was no inclusive language to look on another page to read & agree to Forum Selection in New Jersey in case of litigation). I've already paid $5k to a local attorney and have been ruled against in local court. Got an opinion on just dropping the appeal or going forward?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">