• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appealing a judges decision when filed for emrgency contempt hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael6627

You're wrong about the wording. Stop freaking out and start reading. "Prior to all holiday visitation" means only holidays.

And yes, a judge is the only person who CAN change a court order. My goodness.

I did not ask if judge is the only one who can change a court order. I asked "if a judge changes an order then does a person have the right to appeal"

Proserpina

I am not upset over the schedule. My issue is with the part that changed it from ex having to make sure I see them to now saying that baiscally it is up to kids.

The court has evidently found adequate reason to let visitation be up to the kids. It happens.

And seriously dude - the way you're behaving here it isn't too hard to believe that their wishes should be controlling.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It seems as though these kids are older teens, and that you have some serious work to do to repair your relationship with them. I suspect it's not all Mom's doing, either.

CJane

It seems as though these kids are older teens, and that you have some serious work to do to repair your relationship with them. I suspect it's not all Mom's doing, either.
I suspect you're right. With court ordered reunification therapy after only a 5 month absence, and the court ordering that visitation communication take place directly with the children, I'm willing to bet there's a lot more going on.

Proserpina

I suspect you're right. With court ordered reunification therapy after only a 5 month absence, and the court ordering that visitation communication take place directly with the children, I'm willing to bet there's a lot more going on.

TONS more.

But we're operating inside of a vacuum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">