• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appointed attorney? probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baghead

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I live in so. cal. My grandmother passed away 2 years ago in her will she states . "In the probate of my Last Will and Testament, and all matters concerning and affecting my estate, I request and direct my executrix to retain as her attorney and counsel, my lawyer,(name witheld) and insofar as I may do so under the law I hereby appoint her as attorney and counsel for said Executrix." My problem is I am having a very tough time getting any cooperation from said attorney. I have yet to actually speak to her. I have given her aid some paper work and even the aid won't return my phone calls. I would think the whole matter would be better served if she did handle it but if I can't get her to do anything can I just get another attorney to handle the whole affair. Will there be any legal liabilities if I retain another attorney? Also, there is a co-conservatorship involved but that's a whole nother ball of wax!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

baghead said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I live in so. cal. My grandmother passed away 2 years ago in her will she states . "In the probate of my Last Will and Testament, and all matters concerning and affecting my estate, I request and direct my executrix to retain as her attorney and counsel, my lawyer,(name witheld) and insofar as I may do so under the law I hereby appoint her as attorney and counsel for said Executrix." My problem is I am having a very tough time getting any cooperation from said attorney. I have yet to actually speak to her. I have given her aid some paper work and even the aid won't return my phone calls. I would think the whole matter would be better served if she did handle it but if I can't get her to do anything can I just get another attorney to handle the whole affair. Will there be any legal liabilities if I retain another attorney? Also, there is a co-conservatorship involved but that's a whole nother ball of wax!!

My response:

Contact a new attorney, who will write a letter to the "appointed" attorney. The new attorney will know what to say after you explain the situation.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">