• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration deadline

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nvJob

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello, is there a deadline from the point of a greivance to arbitration? My union informed me an arbitrator has been selected. Since then it has been delayed saying they can't find a time to get everyone together, its been almost 3 months now, I was told it would only take a couple weeks once the arpitrator was selected. I understand such problems can arise..is there any kind of a deadline for the arbitration to take place? How long can a company or union put it off? Thanks

JennK2009

I don't think there is any time limit. The hearing date is generally up to the arbitrator. In disciplinary grievances, you can ask for an expedited hearing, but even that can take months.

"The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind completely." or some mumbo jumbo like that. Long story short: the law is not on your side. Hang in there.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello, is there a deadline from the point of a greivance to arbitration? My union informed me an arbitrator has been selected. Since then it has been delayed saying they can't find a time to get everyone together, its been almost 3 months now, I was told it would only take a couple weeks once the arpitrator was selected. I understand such problems can arise..is there any kind of a deadline for the arbitration to take place? How long can a company or union put it off? Thanks
**A: are you still working?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">