• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration Fun & Games?....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hawaiianmark

Aloha again...Just a update and question on my dealings with the wonderous world of law in the 50th state. I have been doing my homework and filing my papers when and where I should be ( dotting the I's and crossing the T's ) ... but the other Def. is not doing the least in meaningful action in this case. He has not answered the Plaint. Interoggatories, and has been ordered by the Judge responsible to do so by 5-5-00, as of today he has not, what ways are there for me as a pro se to have this kind of behavoir help me in my defense? Is the only way for me to benefit by filing a motion to sanction him? Or is a better strategy to let the Arbitrator view his inaction as a no-no in his eyes?... I feel that he will have to if not want to, look at his non participation as a negative for his case. I have the feeling that the Arbitrator has made a view of the other party allready ( Cant un ring the bell ) ... and that it is one of there aint much going on upstairs with him... If any one has any views feel free to drop a line.... Aloha....

J

jd

Interrogatories are intended to assist you in getting information that will be helpful to preparing and presenting your own case. It is always best to get beforehand as much information, especially information provided under oath, so you don't have any surprises when the big day comes. If infomration is not provided in the Interrogatories, it is possible to keep that information from being used in any proceedings - but you will have to be on your toes and take action to keep the information out everytime the other party tries to introduce it. It makes presenting a case more difficult - you can get hung up on procedure rather than facts. I suggest you go back before the court and let the court know of the non-compliance, even if sanctions is all you can hope to get from it. It also brings the non-compliance back to the court's attention (otherwise they don't know this). As for it influencing the arbitrator - it may irriatate him, but legally it should not impact the evidence rulings.

H

hawaiianmark

Thank you for your reply, I do appreciate your taking the time to give your info. We will see how it goes Thanks and aloha....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">