• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arbitration hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rolee

i am a defendant in a civil suit. i had a car repossed in 1994. the vehicle was purchased in mississippi while i was a resident of mississippi. i moved to new jersey and the vehicle was repossed in nj. in my answer i used statute of limitations as my defense. mississippi sol is 3 years on this type of contract, nj is 6 years. if the ms. sol is used, sol would have expired in 1997. i was not served until 1999.
i have an arbitration hearing scheduled. what happens at an arbitration hearing? how should i prepare for this hearing?

JETX

Based on your post, this arbitration should be fairly simple. Just take all the papers that you have pertaining to the loan and the repossession. At the arbitration, make your claim of expiration of the Statute of Limitations and if the hearing is NOT in Mississippi be sure to take a copy of the state SOL. The arbitrator should see fairly quickly that the judgment was filed too late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">