• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are hawaii rape laws gender neutral

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
anser please
Hawaii's rape law simply refers to acts committed by one "person" against another "person". There is no reference to sex or gender in the law at all and thus is as sex/gender neutral as you can get.

interpretation, just look at plessy v furginton
The case of Plessy v. Ferguson, if that's the case you meant, has nothing to do with Hawaii's rape law. Moreover, the Plessy case is no longer good case law, the Supreme Court overruled it in its ruling in Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483 (1954).

quincy

.. The case of Plessy v. Ferguson, if that's the case you meant, has nothing to do with Hawaii's rape law. Moreover, the Plessy case is no longer good case law, the Supreme Court overruled it in its ruling in Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483 (1954).
Perhaps fdasfdas, in mentioning Plessy, is wondering if changing times make for changes in the laws or their interpretations?

Whatever the purpose, if fdasfdas has concerns about being raped while visiting Hawaii, fdasfdas should take the same precautions that all should take anywhere. Here is a good guide on safety from Project Sanctuary:
https://www.projectsanctuary.org/safety-plan/against-sexual-assault/

quincy

There are laws in all states that make sexual assault a crime. Although it is possible these laws at some time in history might have been worded to show gender-bias, I can't find one today (after an admittedly brief search) that does so.

justalayman

There are laws in all states that make sexual assault a crime. Although it is possible these laws at some time in history might have been worded to show gender-bias, I can't find one today (after an admittedly brief search) that does so.
The op has acknowledged he has sought the answer to this question in regards to all 50 states. To me, that suggests he is attempting to compile some sort of database for the information such as a website.

I’ve often found a person learns so much more if they read a law first and then seek explanation of confusing issues. That also prevents them from having somebody else do all the work for their website, if that is what they were actually doing.

quincy

The op has acknowledged he has sought the answer to this question in regards to all 50 states. To me, that suggests he is attempting to compile some sort of database for the information such as a website.

I’ve often found a person learns so much more if they read a law first and then seek explanation of confusing issues. That also prevents them from having somebody else do all the work for their website, if that is what they were actually doing.
fdasfdas' purpose is so far a puzzle but, yes, I noticed his other thread. I received a private message pointing me in its direction. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">