• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are there criminal charges I can file regarding a stop check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Why do you see difficulty in proving he is owed money? I guess I’m missing something. Why wouldn’t the cancelled check support the ops claim of money owed?

He did perform work
She issued a check for the work
She cancelled the check
She issued the check to cover labor costs and the husband was going to use the money from the check to pay his laborers. She instead paid the laborers with other funds. Whether the husband was due any of this $1100 is a question mark.

justalayman

She issued the check to cover labor costs and the husband was going to use the money from the check to pay his laborers. She instead paid the laborers with other funds.
She issued the check to cover labor costs and the husband was going to use the money from the check to pay his laborers. She instead paid the laborers with other funds.
I added to my last post.

Of course if the customer paid the helper I agree. I didn’t see what was said was she paid the entire amount owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">