• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are wyoming 1st degree rape laws gender neutral

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

I think justalayman was trying not to offend but could not find the right word to say what he wanted to say (i.e., heterosexual). I think sometimes offense is taken where none was intended.

Educating the uninformed is better than blaming them for their ignorance.

As an aside but on the same note: Not everyone who calls a mom a "birth mom" means disrespect when using that term as a descriptor.
Heterosexual isn’t correct either

A cis can be hetero or homo. It has nothing to do with sexual preference. It is simply a commonality between biological and self identification of gender.

justalayman

Dude.... are you saying trans people are abnormal? (warning: tread carefully.)
Aww come on. I think you know what I meant.

There has to be some basis in life that is considered normal and any other condition by definition would be abnormal. In scientific study, a biological male self identifying as a male and a biological female self identifying as female would be deemed “normal”. By definition, anything else is defined as abnormal.

Your statement suggests you consider abnormal as synonymous with bad or wrong or immoral or amoral. I don’t make those judgments

Do you?

Parry, parry, , thrust, touche

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

There has to be some basis in life that is considered normal and any other condition by definition would be abnormal. In scientific study, a biological male self identifying as a male and a biological female self identifying as female would be deemed “normal”. By definition, anything else is defined as abnormal.

Your statement suggests you consider abnormal as synonymous with bad or wrong or immoral or amoral. I don’t make those judgments

Do you?

I simply know too many people who do equate abnormal with bad/wrong/etc. It tends to bring out the inner MamaBear. ;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think it is important in this age of Trump that people learn to distinguish between those who intentionally speak with ill intent and those who speak in innocent confusion.
Which is why I didn't come out swinging.

Just Blue

Do you?

Replace "normal" with "typical". ;) It might seem that it's just semantics ...but there is a big difference when someone says something isn't normal as opposed to something isn't typical.

justalayman

I simply know too many people who do equate abnormal with bad/wrong/etc. It tends to bring out the inner MamaBear. ;)
Hopefully this is taken in the light I mean it to be taken:

Personally I believe too many alt identity people draw too much attention to themselves and then complain about the attention. I really don’t care what a person does along those lines and I’ve got too many things going on in my life to have to hear what your identity and preference is. In short, I couldn’t care less so please stop waiving a flag in front of my facing forcing me to address you. I’ve got things I do care about to attend to. Go do and be whatever you want and be happy. I’m not asking anybody to suppress their person, just don’t make it all you are. You can be alt whatever but that shouldn’t prevent you from being a regular person. If advertising your alt personality is all you are, then you’re a pretty shallow person.

And I also must acknowledge that there are regular but alt folks that do just that and guess what, those people are my neighbors, my coworkers, and in some cases, my friends.

And yes, I have a problem with those attacked, especially physically for their preferences. I don’t want you to think I am against those with alt orientations or preferences. It simply is not something I concern myself with but I don’t believe they should be attacked or punished for their choices either.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unfortunately, it tends to be necessary for some of those who belong to marginalized groups to be "in your face" so that others can live their true lives "normally", without fear or hateful speech or action being directed towards them. Maybe, just maybe, if they were treated with respect and decency as a norm, there would be less of a need to be "in your face".

Frankly, I am reading a lot of privilege in your post. Perhaps I'm misreading, or simply not understanding what "regular" means.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
There is also the fact that while I do not deny either that female rapists exists or that there are more male victims than are reported, basic biology would suggest that the OP's odds of being raped by a woman in any state are considerably lower than they may believe.
It is unclear to me what OP's gender is. "Transgender" could be male or female. I *suspect* that OP identifies as female, and is attracted to females?

I am baffled why OP is convinced that wherever they go they will be sexually assaulted, specifically by ciswomen. But perhaps there is something I'm missing here.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is unclear to me what OP's gender is. "Transgender" could be male or female. I *suspect* that OP identifies as female, and is attracted to females?

I am baffled why OP is convinced that wherever they go they will be sexually assaulted, specifically by ciswomen. But perhaps there is something I'm missing here.
Excellent point, Red. I had been assuming that the OP was biologically male; thus the both the jealousy of cisfemales and the fear of rape. But you're right that that doesn't have to be the case.

And I am just as baffled as you as to why the OP is so convinced that they will be the victim of a sexual assault, no matter what their biological or gender identity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">