• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Army and secret Clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Duo

When i was a minor i was arrested for possesion of xanax and brass knuckles i was also under the influence of xanax and marijuana. It was a bad night and i paid for my mistake nothing alike happend since.
Keep in mind this happend before i was a US Citizen and in a different Continent.

I am just wondering what My chances Are of getting a waiver so i can Join the military and Also what My chances Are of Being granted a secret Security Clearance are?

Also wondering Will the investigators even bother to find my criminal record and medical records from another country since i have changed last name in this 5 year span and Also was never fingerprinted at the police station?
Just a general question since alot of people tell me just to keep quiet about it since there is no way to find out about it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
When i was a minor i was arrested for possesion of xanax and brass knuckles i was also under the influence of xanax and marijuana. It was a bad night and i paid for my mistake nothing alike happend since.
Keep in mind this happend before i was a US Citizen and in a different Continent.

I am just wondering what My chances Are of getting a waiver so i can Join the military and Also what My chances Are of Being granted a secret Security Clearance are?

Also wondering Will the investigators even bother to find my criminal record and medical records from another country since i have changed last name in this 5 year span and Also was never fingerprinted at the police station?
Just a general question since alot of people tell me just to keep quiet about it since there is no way to find out about it.
Well, since you MUST disclose it, of course they will find out about it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

FlyingRon

The most recent guidance was that if it was just marijuana, the waiver would be straight forward. Other drugs plus the weapons violations are going to make it very difficult.

LdiJ

You really should discuss this with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">