• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arraigned without consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
The judge is not going to "help" you with an appeal from the PD's decision.
The judge will have to evaluate whether or not the PD followed Chapter 600 in your denial. That said, circumstances have changed since your denial - you have lost your job. That may well merit a re-application for services.

Since your co-defendant is also represented by the PD, they will hire a contract counsel for you. There are good ones and not-so-good ones. In Missouri, contract special public defenders get paid $750 for a felony. I don't do PD cases because you cannot defend a felony on $750. Some attorneys take those cases because they care and believe in the necessity of helping people and their practice does well enough that they can afford to lose a few bucks. Some take those cases for other reasons.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential