• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears and Adult Children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

torimac

It may sound vindictive, but I figure I will collect the child support when my ex starts collecting social security. The only time he has ever paid support was when he was on unemployment. Every state is different, but I have been told that so long as the case is 'open', efforts will continue to be made. As he is not at 70k and has no intention to pay, I am prepared to wait.

14gamess

I'm in California also (Contra Costa County) and they told me that they will continue collection actions after my kid ages out in June (I'm owed ~40k), we'll see if it happens. Yes OP, you should go for it, you never know when your ex might win the lottery or come into a large sum of money, you don't want to be kicking yourself later down the road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">