• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested and having trouble with attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I hired an attorney to represent me on a criminal matter and she wanted $350 plus $350 for each court apperance. I told her that there were two weeks ,one in august and one in september, that I would be out of town and please try not to schedule court dates during these times. So far two dates have been set both during times I cannot attend. Do I have any recourse and how can I get a court date changed?



UH dopey:

A criminal matter takes #1 PRIORITY......

unless your parents are in intensive care and DYING....

youd better show up in court


you can call the courthouse to see if you can change any of your court dates...you better have a good reason though. Call your attorney and ask her if she can change the dates. Then you need to to reaffirm the date change with a call to the courthouse. I apologize for the insults that some people seem to need to write.

[This message has been edited by AnnaMarie (edited September 01, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential