• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

asylum seeking due to forced hospitalization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimee88

i was forcibly hospitalized to governmental a psychiatric unit last year. since then İ am forcibly treated and live under constant threat of hospitalization and bullying by my family. İ have the receipt on my records but no consent form or signature neither by myself or any family member. can İ seek asylum in any other country?

aimee88

is there any case like mine? İ searched the internet but could not find any info about freewill violations in health care. i am not sure if i can go through the process alone. would the applied country assign a lawyer for me?

xylene

What country are you in?

What condition are you being forcibly treated for?

Do you in fact have this condition?

PayrollHRGuy

is there any case like mine? İ searched the internet but could not find any info about freewill violations in health care. i am not sure if i can go through the process alone. would the applied country assign a lawyer for me?
Assuming you are an adult, if the state was able to keep you in a mental institution against your will for a year you likely don't have the mental competence to have exercise complete "free will."

If you happen to be a minor you don't get to make such decisions.

PayrollHRGuy

It is hard to get one committed to a mental institution. Even more so for a year. The law requires they be a danger to themselves or others.

ETA: US Law has such requirements. I have no idea about random Eastern European Countries.

Last edited:

aimee88

i am over 30. i was kept there against my will for 20 days. there was no prior intervention by my family nor examination. i was just taken with 2 ambulance personals at late night. there is a lot of past issues in the family. i was a high achiever in spite of all the negativity and out there studying with scholarships on my own since i am 18. i guess their conscience is disturbed due to their neglect and maltreatment in my childhood. they are highly manipulative and secretive people. on one occasion my father said 'whose child is this girl?' but i was so shocked that i did not want to dig further. i want to take an ancestry or dna test just to live with no regrets and doubts.

xylene

i am over 30. i was kept there against my will for 20 days. there was no prior intervention by my family nor examination. i was just taken with 2 ambulance personals at late night. there is a lot of past issues in the family. i was a high achiever in spite of all the negativity and out there studying with scholarships on my own since i am 18. i guess their conscience is disturbed due to their neglect and maltreatment in my childhood. they are highly manipulative and secretive people. on one occasion my father said 'whose child is this girl?' but i was so shocked that i did not want to dig further. i want to take an ancestry or dna test just to live with no regrets and doubts.
You have failed to answer my very important questions. Now you are ranting... forget you and your problems.

aimee88

by the way, i am not native english speaker so please ignore any grammer mistakes i made. i am from eastern europe. i have no savings to fly to another country. can i go to local embassy to seek guidance?

aimee88

i am not ranting but just indicating personal and emotional factors involved in my decision. obviously, you are not an expert or a lawyer and not capable of sharing another person's painful experiences or even capable to put forward any possibilities towards any solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">