• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney not communicating !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmiller2

I hired my attorney 2 years ago, roughly about one month after the accident. Since that time, I have never spoken to him. He is also a district attorney in our local court house and is very busy. I have left him messages for weeks in a row and still received no calls. He sent me the interrogatory question to answer and said I needed to return them within 5 business days and call him if I had questions. Again I left numerous messages (including on his cell phone that his secretary gave me) and still did not receive a call back from him. After 2 weeks of not hearing from him, I decided to send him the interrogatory question anyway. I never heard back from him. I recently received a subrogation letter from my insurance company telling me they want their money since someone else was at fault for the accident causing my injuries. I am trying to contact my attorney for a few weeks and stil hear nothing from him. I am sure and know that lawyers do lots of work that is not visible to the clients, but what should I do since he is too busy to communicate and help me with critical things I need him for? Does he rightfully deserve his full contingency fee? I guess it is my fault for allowing it to go on this long, but I assumed he was busy working on my case. I also just found out that my attorney had me sign the bottom of alot of forms when I hired him and just realized he gave me a copy of my contingency agreement that was signed by me, but the blank lines are entirely empty and were not filled out at the time I signed it. Does this make it a binding contract? What should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">