• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto service company not completing work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

austingreen

To start things off, I am in California, but have sent off my fuel pump to be rebuilt in Boise, Idaho as they have the correct equipment.

I called the shop almost 3 months ago, and the manager stated to send the pump in and expect a 3-5 day turnaround time to have it sent back. I sent in the pump, and after almost 3 months, 15+ calls of me checking in on what's going on (they do not call me to inform of delays), I still don't have it back, just more excuses every time I call.

We have no contract between us, just verbal agreement on the rebuild stated on their website (approximately $850), plus the additional parts they have stated I needed.

I called enough that the manager finally told me "to be honest with you, we put you behind all of our commercial customers, that's why it's taking so long" which I was never notified of. The manager also stated he would give a discount for the wait, then later stated he didn't think he would be able to.

So at this point I still have no pump back, no idea when it is coming back and a truck that I haven't been able to use for almost 3 months. Where do I go from here? I have notes from every call on what was said, and date etc...

Thank you for your help!
-Austin Green

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">