• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Babygear.com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsWBee

On October 6,2000, I ordered a baby stroller from Babygear.com. I received a email from the company on Oct 11 stating the stroller was out of stock. My account was credited on the Oct. 7. I waited for a week for my refund but no refund. I wrote to the company several time and still I'm out $192.00. On Nov 27, 2000 I received a response from them stating their billing department was back log but my refund has been sent to the department.

Today, Dec. 15, I try to call the company but the number is not working, it states I have to check the number again. When I went to the site it say the site is unavailable. I made one big mistake on this order I used my debit card.

What is my legal recourse on this matter. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

I'm a resident of New York State.

[Edited by MsWBee on 12-15-2000 at 09:06 AM]

525ia

Your not alone!!! Babygear.com gave us the run around too! We (my wife and I) had ordered numerous items and also was told that many of the items were not available or over sold. I feel that they even knew my IP address and knew the items I was looking at, since my wife would be at home during the day looking at an item and I too would be at the office looking at the same item and guess what??? The price was different!!! I too tried calling babygear.com several times, it would take about 30 minutes just to talk to someone. I too got the run around, that my refund would take 30 days or the next billing cycle on my credit card.

Like you said, their web site is down now, and they have a friendly messages stating "For credit on items that you did not receive, please contact your credit card company directly to dispute any charges".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">