• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Backwards child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crystalc

My ex lost her rights and I have had custody since he was 2 she hasnt seen him since he is 9 now. Yet they are taking 118 a paycheck from me. Every 2 weeks she gets my money for a son she has never put her own money into taking care of or even seen his face in 7 yrs. I have tried fighting it in child support offices they say nothing I can do about it no choice they take it straight from my check. This cannot be legal is it worth getting a lawyer I work 12 hrs everyday and between my son that I have always provided for whose mom gets 118 and my 25 yr old daughter they take 150 for i can barely afford to live. My daughters mom dropped the child support 7 yrs ago judge said she could never pick it up again yet 5 yrs ago they suddenly let her again out of no where. My daughter is grown with kids of her again and her mom gets 150 every 2 weeks. Again they say nothing I can do about it

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My ex lost her rights and I have had custody since he was 2 she hasnt seen him since he is 9 now. Yet they are taking 118 a paycheck from me. Every 2 weeks she gets my money for a son she has never put her own money into taking care of or even seen his face in 7 yrs. I have tried fighting it in child support offices they say nothing I can do about it no choice they take it straight from my check. This cannot be legal is it worth getting a lawyer I work 12 hrs everyday and between my son that I have always provided for whose mom gets 118 and my 25 yr old daughter they take 150 for i can barely afford to live. My daughters mom dropped the child support 7 yrs ago judge said she could never pick it up again yet 5 yrs ago they suddenly let her again out of no where. My daughter is grown with kids of her again and her mom gets 150 every 2 weeks. Again they say nothing I can do about it
Why haven't you had child support modified if you have an order of custody? Were you arrears on child support? Were these same sex relationships? Or are you dad?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">