• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad luck or just stuppid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I pulled all my money togather and bought my first house in 96. I lived there 2 years and transferred with my company to another state. Again I tapped all my resources and bought another house. At this time I had an A-1 credit rating. Well, my first house didn't sell and after several months I couldn't afford to make 2 house payments and lost the first house with 30k still owed. By now I had used all my resources and racked up more debt trying to keep the house from being repoed, I haven't taken any loans or used my credit cards in over a year. Chapter 7 seems inevitable. Again I recently transferred with my company and I thought I would realize some cash from the sale of my second home which I now have had 2 years. Same story, the only offer I've received is 15k below what I paid and I'm negotiating with the bank for a payoff. I didn't purcase another home this time, I decided to lease.
My questions:
I have stock options that will become exercisable in 2001, If I file this year will I lose these? I also receive 2 bonuses each year, will I lose these also?
Are my tax refunds at risk? Would it be better to postpone filing to a later date? I have lost so much in the last 2 years I hate to give up anything. I'm desperatly trying to get on my feet again.
Any other suggestions on what I could have done?
From Colorado, Married with children.

P

peter

It sounds like YOU have a major problem with MONEY......you overspend on everything, and have no clue as to how to find a bargain...

To sell both houses at a loss in this economy.....thats really bad

UH why not rent next time?

Does the wifey work?

R

rugerNo2

Geeeez Peter, isn't this the BK BB, where people come to get answers to BK questions because for one reason or another we have over extended our finances?
Did you just single me out, or did you post your reply to everyone?
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, you must really be an intuative person!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">