• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Base pay changing from hourly to salary.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slooney3

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I have been asked to apply for a salary position at my company. Right now I am paid by the hour with time and a half on Saturday and double time on Sunday. The new job pays a base pay and straight time on Saturday and time and half on Sunday. Both based on base pay/52/40. How do I know how much base pay to ask for so I don't lose money? I work almost every weekend both days.

ShyCat

I have been asked to apply for a salary position at my company. Right now I am paid by the hour with time and a half on Saturday and double time on Sunday. The new job pays a base pay and straight time on Saturday and time and half on Sunday. Both based on base pay/52/40. How do I know how much base pay to ask for so I don't lose money? I work almost every weekend both days.
That is a math question, not a legal one.

Just Blue

This is a legal site. We would have no way of knowing how much you should ask for. I advise you take a pencil to a piece of paper and figure it out.

PayrollHRGuy

I'm not going to be as picky as my fellow senior members only because the math is easy. But to do the math I need to know how many hours you work each day of the week.

Slooney3

I'm not going to be as picky as my fellow senior members only because the math is easy. But to do the math I need to know how many hours you work each day of the week.
Thank you. Usually 56 hours at $29.75 / hour. That's assuming I work Saturday and Sunday. Last year I made $98k before taxes.

Slooney3

This is a legal site. We would have no way of knowing how much you should ask for. I advise you take a pencil to a piece of paper and figure it out.
This is where Google sent me. I have tried pencil and paper and Excel and I get a range fo 61k to 75k just wanted to know if there was a formula to figure the minimum.

PayrollHRGuy

Thank you. Usually 56 hours at $29.75 / hour. That's assuming I work Saturday and Sunday. Last year I made $98k before taxes.
I still need to know the hours you work on Saturday and Sunday and preferably each day. But if you grossed $98K last year you need to ask for that amount or greater as a salary or you will be losing money.

Slooney3

I still need to know the hours you work on Saturday and Sunday and preferably each day. But if you grossed $98K last year you need to ask for that amount or greater as a salary or you will be losing money.
8 hours on each day. 40 through the week at 16 on weekends. Last years totals for OT was 405 hours and for DT

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I still get straight pay on Saturday and 1.5 pay on Sunday. So it will be less than 98k.
What do you mean? If you expect to make approximately $98k per year (before taxes) as an hourly employee, then you can expect to be paid about $1,885 per week (before taxes) as a salary employee. You would make that no matter how many hours you work (to an extent)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">