• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bcb

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbaldwin

What is the name of your state? TX
WOW!!!!!! She actually brought a money order for the first half!
She also returned the Agreed Order where she had crossed out her first name and wrote in the short version (EX: Stephanie - Steph... I wasn't sure if that made sense :)). Will that be okay to be filed like that? When we mailed the Agreed Order we put in the letter that accompanied it that we needed it back, signed by Aug. 1... Also, In the Agreed Order it states that the first payment is due on Aug. 4, she just brought the payment and the Agreed order today and signed it Aug. 8... Will this be a problem? The next payment is due on Aug. 18, should we wait and see if that payment is made before we file the agreed order? I know, I know, TONS of questions!:D

She said "I guess I need to go home and get all of my receipts together now." I asked what for, and she said for all of the medical stuff she had paid for. I told her she only had 10 days to get the receipts to us and she said "$hit, then I guess for the past 5 years it's just been all out of my pocket... oh well, it's just for the kid anyway!" Did she think this would make me feel guilty? All she could have is a few receipts for his inhaler because she doesn't purchase anything else! And did she really think she was going to give us 5 years worth of receipts? Thanks as always!

B

Boxcarbill

You can file whenever you want or wait until the court date and announce that you have entered into agreement and present the agreement to the court for approval. Her using a short name doesn't impact the legality. (I sign a short form of my legal name on the pleading and judges address me my short name even though the license and bar card have the legal name.)

She just wanted to let you know that she has paid for medical expenses and that she didn't get reimbursement . It is the defense of "I'm not a bad citizen."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">