• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bed Bugs from work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KnowBuddy

THE END (I hope)

Just in case anyone wants to know what happened...They were going to try and make us pay. For our apt. and for the 3 around us. So I made a copy of the law that had been passed, and took it to the office mgr. She said she never heard of it, but would pass it on to the owners and see what they say.
So she called to day and told me she also looked it up, and was stunned that they knew nothing about it, but now we do not have to pay!! Yippee!!

Thanks again:D

Banned_Princess

Just in case anyone wants to know what happened...They were going to try and make us pay. For our apt. and for the 3 around us. So I made a copy of the law that had been passed, and took it to the office mgr. She said she never heard of it, but would pass it on to the owners and see what they say.
So she called to day and told me she also looked it up, and was stunned that they knew nothing about it, but now we do not have to pay!! Yippee!!

Thanks again:D
Another successful assistance.

Your welcome ma'am.

atomizer

Ok, I guess it’s up to me to put an end to the festivities. It is unlikely that anything outside of massive and frequent treatments will solve your bug problem. Once management learns that they are only responsible for two treatments, they may just turn to you for payment of further treatment of your home.

You may want to consider moving. That is if you're sure you won't be taking these pests to their new home.

Getting Rid of Bed Bugs- Once an infestation has occurred, patience and persistence is the key to ridding the area of bed bugs. If you are determined to get rid of bed bugs yourself, without hiring an exterminator, I highly recommend this ebook, Remove Bedbugs Guide. It goes into detailed explanation for how to kill bedbugs, and you can download it insteantly. It isn't enough to clean the mattresses and launder the sheets. Furniture should be overturned and cleaned. Carpeting, wood molding, door jambs, picture frames, and closets should be inspected as well. Bed bugs can hide behind loose wallpaper, in the crevices between carpets and walls, behind outlet covers, and inside light fixtures, smoke detectors, and even clocks. Removable, washable items can be laundered in very hot water. For those areas or items that cannot be laundered, smaller items can be wrapped in plastic and set in a hot place or in direct sunlight. The key is to raise the temperature to at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit for several hours to kill the eggs and the bugs. Vacuuming and steam cleaning may also be done, but any bags or canisters should be thrown away or emptied outside of the area immediately to prevent another infestation. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find all bed bugs and all bed bug eggs; that's why the best method of removing bed bugs, however, is through a professionally handled treatment. Dating Blogs
When choosing a professional bed bug exterminator, be careful! Many companies that only specialize in how to kill bedbugs aren't as qualified as full-service pest control companies. Your best bet is to find an established pest control service company that has been in service for at least five years - and you might also ask around and see if anybody you know or look at review sites (like yelp.com) to see if there are recommndations for any specific pest control services. Also, make sure the pest control company you choose is certified in your state. Exterminators can be pretty expensive; expect to pay between $250 to $1,000 per room. You'll also want to make sure you choose a pest control company that will make follow-up visits - these are usually necessary for bed bug elimination.
Once you sift through the bed bug exterminators and make a decision, make sure they are using effective pesticides and bed bug control methods. Usually, exterminators will use a combination of pesticides and steam heat - bed bugs only die from heat of the temperature is at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit that's sustained for several hours. Do not use a pest control company that uses bug foggers or bug bombs as their method for how to kill bed bugs; these methods do not work. The only effective bed bug extermination methods for pesticides include direct contact.
Don't Try These Methods-Finally, there are several methods that are totally useless and shouldn't even be considered. Bug bombs and aerosol pesticides will not rid an area of bed bugs. While extreme hot and cold temperatures may affect the infestation, below freezing temperatures will only work if those temperatures remain below freezing for over two weeks.

How To Get Rid of Bed Bugs - DIY, Exterminators, Pictures

hermes77

Hmmmm... Sounds like maybe I'll add something to the next lease I sign (as a tennat) to solve this issue. I keep a clean house, and I REALLLY hate bugs.

Another alternative that may work for this issue is to adopt an alley cat. I moved out of an apartment that had a roach problem despite monthly extermination. While I was there I adopted an alley cat. Within a week of the cat being there the roaches were gone. The other apartments in the building had them, but she hunted them down. She used to sit in the sink waiting for them.

Now I wonder if I could have made the LL pay for vet bills and cat food on the basis that it was pest control. (only joking, but amusing)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">