• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being called a fat bastard via video message

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogan69

How would I stand if I was sent a video on social media of a well thought of football player which ending in him calling me a fat bastard. This happened when someone I know bumped into him in a night club and asked him if he would record a birthday message to me before he went with the England team to the eruos. It was the fat bastard bit that I'm not happy about as whether he was asked to do a message or not a high profile player like that shouldn't have agreed to do it specially with all the media attention on fans sending players abuse. I was already insure about my weight and have now been on a diet every since. Just wondered where I stand against it legally.

Just Blue

How would I stand if I was sent a video on social media of a well thought of football player which ending in him calling me a fat bastard. This happened when someone I know bumped into him in a night club and asked him if he would record a birthday message to me before he went with the England team to the eruos. It was the fat bastard bit that I'm not happy about as whether he was asked to do a message or not a high profile player like that shouldn't have agreed to do it specially with all the media attention on fans sending players abuse. I was already insure about my weight and have now been on a diet every since. Just wondered where I stand against it legally.
This site is for United States Law only. Google will bring you to British legal sites.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm going to spin this in a positive light for you...

Congratulations on your diet. I'm glad you found the motivation to stick to it :)

zddoodah

How would I stand if I was sent a video on social media of a well thought of football player which ending in him calling me a fat bastard.
How would you stand? With your legs, I assume. If you're asking whether name calling is legally actionable, the answer is no (not in the U.S. or in England).

I was already insure about my weight and have now been on a diet every since.
That's probably a good thing, eh?

If this really bothered you to the point that you'd give ANY consideration to suing, then you need to grow some thicker skin (no pun intended).

quincy

Rudeness is not illegal in the U.S.

Unfortunately. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">