• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being deceived at Gold's gym , need advice , please .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaylivg

Going right along with that...your husband never ASKED for a copy of the contract he signed.

Everything's negotiable...

well they do have camera , don't they nowadays ? and should be able to see if my husband was given the pink / yellow paper following signing a 'contract ' with them ..

do i have a case to hire a lawyer ? i really hate to see our credit ruined by this gym .

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
well they do have camera , don't they nowadays ? and should be able to see if my husband was given the pink / yellow paper following signing a 'contract ' with them ..

do i have a case to hire a lawyer ? i really hate to see our credit ruined by this gym .
You're not understanding. I'm not trying to convince you that the gym gave a copy of the contract. What I'm pointing out is that your husband did not DEMAND a copy of the contract. You're not going to get anything out of copies of any video (if it even existed.)

It's up to you if you wish to hire an attorney. Honestly though, I believe that your husband is in a very weak position. He should try to negotiate with the gym to buy out the contract.

swalsh411

You could change your bank account to prevent further withdrawals. Then they could come after you for non-payment and if they ended up suing you then they would have to produce the contract your husband allegedly signed.

jaylivg

You're not understanding. I'm not trying to convince you that the gym gave a copy of the contract. What I'm pointing out is that your husband did not DEMAND a copy of the contract. You're not going to get anything out of copies of any video (if it even existed.)

It's up to you if you wish to hire an attorney. Honestly though, I believe that your husband is in a very weak position. He should try to negotiate with the gym to buy out the contract.
I understand his position is very weak since he doesn't have the original copy that he was supposed to be given . I guess we'll try to negotiate with the gym . Thank you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">