• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being "detained" by police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dave33

Something else that should be kept in mind. The laws are constantly changing or rather evolving. I say this because many people are not familiar with what the police can legally do. Some situations that may be considered to be a blatant violation may have already been argued and deemed constitutional. The laws and citizen protections are not nearly as simple as many people think.

justalayman

To answer the people that wandered what I did when I was stopped and searched let me start by saying that the part I left out was while the officer was searching my car his patrol supervisor pulled up and questioned his search.
So what are you after? As I said; if you do not defend your rights, you lose them. It appears you did defend yours and they were upheld.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">