• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being evicted and am terrified!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bonniebon

What is the name of your state? PA

I'm afraid I have been a bad daughter. My mother and I moved into 2 adjoining apartments 4 + years ago. I realized at the time it was too expensive $1200 a month, but felt rich after selling the house. ( It was Mom's decision to get the two apartments and she was willing to pay - with any help from me, a part-timer). Since then we went through all the monies, helping broke friends. Now we're stuck. Mom has Alheimer's Diseanse (not bad yet) and so I'm her caretaker. Between us, we couldn't get the rent paid for two months and were just served with a notice to vacate/quit letter. It wants us out in 10 days (the lease doesn't say anything about how many days). Since we are middle-income poor, I don't think we qualify for free legal help, but can't afford it either.
I guess my legal question is, do I really only have 10 days? Would it ruin my chances at a smaller, cheaper place? Is there any goverment agency that helps the working class poor like me financially or legally. Help!!!

HomeGuru

Bonniebon said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I'm afraid I have been a bad daughter. My mother and I moved into 2 adjoining apartments 4 + years ago. I realized at the time it was too expensive $1200 a month, but felt rich after selling the house. ( It was Mom's decision to get the two apartments and she was willing to pay - with any help from me, a part-timer). Since then we went through all the monies, helping broke friends. Now we're stuck. Mom has Alheimer's Diseanse (not bad yet) and so I'm her caretaker. Between us, we couldn't get the rent paid for two months and were just served with a notice to vacate/quit letter. It wants us out in 10 days (the lease doesn't say anything about how many days). Since we are middle-income poor, I don't think we qualify for free legal help, but can't afford it either.
I guess my legal question is, do I really only have 10 days? Would it ruin my chances at a smaller, cheaper place? Is there any goverment agency that helps the working class poor like me financially or legally. Help!!!
**A: so why couldn't both of you share one apartment as of 2 months ago?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">