• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Harrassed by alleged "biological" child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdwJava

This girl contacted us first when she was 19 years old. She only contacts us every few years or so in between now, She hasn't sent anything since she contacted us in 8 years until the recent postcard.
So, there is no real case for harassment, then. And no grounds for a restraining order.

We thought she was over this search and escapade but apparently not and is now just bitter and pissed.
I can understand that. Those emotions likely come from being rejected and cast aside as unwanted refuse. While I understand that this might turn your lives upside down, understand that SHE is the innocent victim in all of this. Your hubbie slept with the woman and conceived a child. Now the child wants to know where she came from and she is being rejected. I only wish you could see this through her eyes for a moment.

He told her flat out that he was taking the message to the police and felt that she was stalking us and harrasing us.
Clearly that was a bluff, or, the police told him that it was not a crime ... and it does not appear to be.

CAn you believe this little arrogant adult responded and im paraphrasing here since it has been so long: " Go right ahead and take it to the police. I will wait on my doorstep and look forward to their arrival. She even offered to give my husband the phone number for the police department.
Obviously, she has an understanding of the law and knew there was not going to be any serious legal ramifications from her actions.

Total disregard for the law and elders and this is the kind of people we have working in the LEGAL FIELD!!!! UNBELIEVABLE.
Shall we say the same about whatever field you or your husband work in? No respect for youth, progeny, or another person with questions about their heritage. Unbelievable!

Her career field is irrelevant to this just as yours and your husband's is. And, apparently, she has not broken any laws, so no disrespecting that.

My husband is NO COWARD like the postcard reads. And for her to have the nerve to send a postcard like that is brazen and bold IMO.... Have a nice day...
Then let him stand up like a man, take responsibility for his actions, and take the flippin' test! As the phrase goes, Man Up!

Just Blue

Just to channel the most wonderful event at Fenway "Pahk".

"Hello,

Is there anybody in there
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home
Come on now
I hear you're feeling down"

;)

beldindaschild

I can't believe this . So we have no rights. But now our postman is able to read our mail cuz this person wants to be a smart ass and send open letters thru the mail. If she was at all decent she would put them in an envelope so it woukdnt be read by the mail handlers and carriers

justalayman

I can't believe this . So we have no rights. But now our postman is able to read our mail cuz this person wants to be a smart ass and send open letters thru the mail. If she was at all decent she would put them in an envelope so it woukdnt be read by the mail handlers and carriers
while it is possible, postmen do not really have time nor the inclination to set around reading other people's mail.

and if you want to classify her as indecent because she sends a post card rather than something in an envelope, as long as that makes you happy, go for it. It doesn't have any legal relevance though.

seriously, "dad" can put an end to this if he wishes. He can set up a DNA test where the results are delivered to him if the girl is willing. Then, when they come back and don't match, he can hold it in front of her face and say "SEE, I'm not your daddy no get the Hell away from me and my family"

Of course if he is the daddy, you might actually consider reconsidering your position on this entire situation.

Just Blue

Oh Neurotic One. Your "man", if he were at all "decent" would have used a rubber "envelope". Just saying...

beldindaschild

Blue meanie u really have not added much to this thread. Go away. It's not right that a person can't live in peace and refuse to acknowledge an adult. The law doesn't force him to comply with any testing whatsoever and no one here has brought that up. She knows this and because she dkesnt have the courts on her side. She has resorted to low level sneaky dealings to torment our family

Just Blue

Blue meanie u really have not added much to this thread. Go away. It's not right that a person can't live in peace and refuse to acknowledge an adult. The law doesn't force him to comply with any testing whatsoever and no one here has brought that up. She knows this and because she dkesnt have the courts on her side. She has resorted to low level sneaky dealings to torment our family
Please review, Legally Strange One, POST 2.

I gave valid advise for the PSD to seen an ATTORNEY.;)

Now...Go take your med's.;)

Happy 4th!!:):)

PQN

That may be true but I can file civil lawsuit for hsrrasment and defamation of character.She also went to hubby parents and told then she might be her grandchild and neighbors have found out and she is spreading tales that may not even be true. The mother had her chance 20 years ago to determine paternity. Tough luck I suppose
Your husband has admitted to having sex with her mother around the time of her conception. He admits that her mother told him that she was pregnant and that it might be his. So all she is telling people is.....something your husband has already admitted is true...she might be their grandchild. There is no defamation here.

One letter, one MYSPACE posting and ~8 years later~ one postcard is not remotely harassment.

Just Blue

Your husband has admitted to having sex with her mother around the time of her conception. He admits that her mother told him that she was pregnant and that it might be his. So all she is telling people is.....something your husband has already admitted is true...she might be their grandchild. There is no defamation here.

One letter, one MYSPACE posting and ~8 years later~ one postcard is not remotely harassment.
Op will not "get it" she is just..."Comfortably Numb" to her "DH" fault(s).

Our lips move but she doesn't hear what we're saying.

And with that I will stop paying homage to PF.:)

Eekamouse

Who knows? I suspect it might be OP and not her husband who is balking at him taking a DNA test. One has to wonder if this one night stand occurred while the husband was all ready married to OP. That would explain why OP so wants this girl punished for trying to find out if hubby is her father. I'd like to know what qualifies the OP to say that the girl's mother is mentally unstable. Is OP a doctor? I sincerely doubt it.

ajkroy

I'm thinking that it was probably a very good thing that the adult child wasn't around to have OP as a stepmother.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your husband is the one who is ridiculous quite frankly. She is not resorting to low level sneaky dealings. Your husband should nto have had sex with someone so casually if he didn't want to deal with possible consequences. Apparently he is not mature enough to deal with such possible consequences. What a shame.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You may be interested to know that I was so horrified by this OP's arrogance, entitlement and sense of superiority, that I posted a link to this thread on another board.

The following are the responses (so far):

The potential child should know if this person is her father or not. Even just for the sake of having a complete family medical history and knowing anything that runs in the family,.

That beeyotch redefines the phrase 'piece of work'!

She'll never realize that's karma's a bigger beeyotch til it knocks her upside her fargin' head. And perchance not even then.

Wow. Words fail.

At least one of these responses ALSO comes from someone who works in a lawyers office.

When everyone but you is seeing something differently than you are, what are the odds that everyone else is wrong and you alone are right? (Hint - not very high)

beldindaschild

As much as you all disagree with me or my husband's position one thing stands. There is nothing that this girl can do to force us legally to submit to her request for DNA test.It doesn't matter what u think of us personally. The law doesn't require us to be decent in their eyes. Now show me a law that says we r legally obligated to submit to testing and ill show u a law on hsrrassment. And stalking which we believe is ready to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">