• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued by rent a car???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fivethousand

What is the name of your state?

I was involved in an auto accident last month here in texas.. I was at fault..
The road was slippery and I slid and hit a van at a stop sign... No one was hurt
I received a ticket for my wrong doing and paid it and have taken defensive driving

I did not have insurance at the time of accident
The driver happen to be in a rental car
I've recently been contacted by this rental company and they are saying that I owe for the damages they are threatening to sue me
This company did have insurance at the time of accident but are claiming that their insurance dept have ran out of money to cover the damages... Can this company sue me?
What should I do? I can't afford the damages which are $5000

Happy Trails

fivethousand said:
What is the name of your state?

I was involved in an auto accident last month here in texas.. I was at fault..
The road was slippery and I slid and hit a van at a stop sign... No one was hurt
I received a ticket for my wrong doing and paid it and have taken defensive driving

I did not have insurance at the time of accident
The driver happen to be in a rental car
I've recently been contacted by this rental company and they are saying that I owe for the damages they are threatening to sue me
This company did have insurance at the time of accident but are claiming that their insurance dept have ran out of money to cover the damages... Can this company sue me?
What should I do? I can't afford the damages which are $5000
Of course they can sue you. You caused the damage and didn't have insurance to protect yourself. There's nothing you can do, but wait to be sued. If you can't afford to pay the company back, they will take the necessary steps to collect their judgement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">