• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bella5477-Unlock post

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anteater

But just in case you don't unlock your posts...

In Georgia, does a Will supersede a POA once the person who gave poa passes? My father passed away 3-11-11. My uncle was given POA, now he is wanting to sell home my father resided in. Uncle was not listed in Will my father had given me in year 2000.
It is not even a question of one superseding the other. The authority of an agent/attorney-in-fact under a POA ends when the principal who granted the power passes away.

The only way your uncle could manage to sell the property is by lying his rear end off, essentially engaging in fraud.

nextwife

The only way your uncle could manage to sell the property is by lying his rear end off, essentially engaging in fraud.
And by having a cash buyer who is not reviewing/getting title insurance or using an attorney. Because NO title insurer or attorney would allow the sale to close with no legally appointed party authorized to convey the property on behalf of the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">