• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant approx 2005

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maluk76

Hello I am from the UK. I live in California from approximately 2002 till 2006. I live there with my wife After getting married. Around 2004 things began to deteriorate between the two of us. I was Drinking heavily and the marriage was becoming strained. There was an incident that took place where I raise my hand to my wife, I was arrested and charged However the charges were eventually reduced to misdemeanour and I was ordered to you I have a situation if youHowever the charges were eventually reduced to misdemeanour and I was ordered to pay restitution, attend anger management. Sadly Things did not improve re: my drinking, My wife and I separated and subsequently divorced. I came Back To England where I have remained since.

In 2008 I entered a rehab facility and continue to try follow 12 step programme.

So the question is, the bench warrant and subsequent mess while I was there. How can I deal with this

Regards

M

LdiJ

Hello I am from the UK. I live in California from approximately 2002 till 2006. I live there with my wife After getting married. Around 2004 things began to deteriorate between the two of us. I was Drinking heavily and the marriage was becoming strained. There was an incident that took place where I raise my hand to my wife, I was arrested and charged However the charges were eventually reduced to misdemeanour and I was ordered to you I have a situation if youHowever the charges were eventually reduced to misdemeanour and I was ordered to pay restitution, attend anger management. Sadly Things did not improve re: my drinking, My wife and I separated and subsequently divorced. I came Back To England where I have remained since.

In 2008 I entered a rehab facility and continue to try follow 12 step programme.

So the question is, the bench warrant and subsequent mess while I was there. How can I deal with this

Regards

M
In what context do you want to deal with it? Is there something legal/criminal outstanding in the US that has not been dealt with?

Maluk76

In all honesty I don’t really know whats to be dealt with. Was a really dark time back then. The crime itself ( am not trying to play this down or excuse my behaviour) was minimal. Spouse had red mark on face where I had raised my hand. I would like this matter dealt with, just don’t know where to begin

LdiJ

In all honesty I don’t really know whats to be dealt with. Was a really dark time back then. The crime itself ( am not trying to play this down or excuse my behaviour) was minimal. Spouse had red mark on face where I had raised my hand. I would like this matter dealt with, just don’t know where to begin
If you don't know what's to be dealt with its impossible for you to get any advice. Therefore your first step is to find out whether or not there is anything to be dealt with.

FlyingRon

Unless you're going to come to the US to do the leg work, perhaps the best bet would be to call an attorney near where you were sentenced and see what he can find out about how you may resolve this.

xylene

Is this some part of working the 12 steps or something, some kind of amends or atonement?

Is this warrant affecting your life in England?

Do you wish to return to the US?

Why you want this matters, because if no impact in UK, not coming back to US, then just let it go and forgive yourself.

ALSO - do you raise your hand or did you did her? Don't be coy.

I don't think Interpol will come knocking on your door with an extradition warrant, and staying in the UK may be best for everyone, especially your wife.

Mass_Shyster

I suggest retaining an attorney in the jurisdiction where you were charged. He or she may be able to get the case dismissed/closed without your appearance. If not, you may end up traveling to California to clear things up. Check with your attorney first, because that trip may include a stay in a jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">