• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bench warrant NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bupple

if i pay my $1000 bench warrant, will they still immediately arrest me / put me in jail? or will they just reschedule my court date and try me then? will i get this $1000 back if i appear in court, like bail?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bupple:
if i pay my $1000 bench warrant, will they still immediately arrest me / put me in jail? or will they just reschedule my court date and try me then? will i get this $1000 back if i appear in court, like bail?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Yes, you are subject to immediate arrest. That's the purpose of the warrant. Your charges will be enhanced, as well as your sentence (if sentenced), by the "Failure to Appear." The $1,000.00 is a fine, and not akin to bail. You will not get it back, because it's independant of the original charges, and a Failure to Appear is the same as telling the judge, "I don't want to follow your orders." Judges really don't like that. While you might, in fact, be aquitted of the original charges, you stand a very good chance of being found in contempt of court for the Failure to Appear, and might have to spend some "quality time" with the "boys from the hood" on that matter or, if your lucky, get "community service" hours and probation.

Thanks for writing.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">